Comments on the bidding system are welcome.
p.s. In case you are curious, the variation of whist that we play with 3 players is as follows:
- Deal out the cards in 4 stacks.
- Everyone calls out their point count.
- Whoever has the highest point count is declarer.
- The 4th stack (remember that we play with 3 players) is dummy.
- Declarer chooses a trump or no-trump.
- I specify the level of the contract. If they have 20 points, they have to make 8 tricks in a trump contract or 7 tricks in a no-trump contract. And one more trick for every 3 points above it (so 26 points would be 10 tricks if there is a trump or 9 tricks if there is no trump).
- We lead and we play out the hand. Declarer wins the hand if they make the level they "ought" to make. Defenders win if declarer doesn't.